Free script to download stock quotes from Globe Fund website
Most of the historical stock quotes can be downloaded from Yahoo Financial website using script provided on this website. But for some Canadian mutual funds Yahoo Fianance does not provide quotes. In such case you can use this script to download mutual fund historical price quotes from Globe Fund company website.
This script will:
- For each symbol specified in \symbol-GlobeFund.txt file this script will create historical quote file "\Quotes\GlobeFund-History\<symbol>.txt. This file will contains daily quotes from the date you specified (in GetQuotes-GlobeFund.ps1 file) up to latest available historical quote date. If this symbol already has historical quote file, then script will find latest available quote date and request and will append quotes after that available date up to today (time this script was run). Normally Globe Fund historical quotes return quotes of previous business day, so current day quotes are not included.
- This script will combine all quotes from \Quotes\GlobeFund-History\ file and append results to \Quotes\quotes.txt file. Because of that this script has to be run right after running script GetQuotes-Yahoo.ps1.
Script setup instructions:
- Note - if you downloaded full version of Portfolio Slicer, then you already have this script in main folder, so you can skip next 2 steps.
- Download the script from the download area of this website.
- Unzip the provided files into the root of location where you have GetQuotes-Yahoo.ps1 file.This unzip will add 2 more files to you folder:
- In any text editor (for example Notepad) edit the symbol-GlobeFund.txt file. Delete the existing lines and enter symbols that you would like to get quotes for. Make sure you enter just one symbol per line. Ensure that symbols are entered exactly how the Globe Fund website understands them. Save the file.
- In any text editor (for example Notepad) edit the GetQuotes-GlobeFund.ps1 file. Change the $MinStartYear, @MinStartMonth and $MinStartDay values. Save the file.
- Edit file _refresh-prices.bat and make sure that there are no REM in from of the lines "powershell.exe .\GetQuotes-GlobeFund.ps1".
- Next time you will execute _refresh-prices.bat batch job, your Globe Fund quotes will be downloaded to \Quotes\GlobeFund-History\" subfolder and then merged and APPENDED (!) to Quotes\quotes.txt file.
- If you have any problems, please post your questions in the script forum.